Sunday, July 01, 2007

Wembley 27th June

Two late nights in a week already, (On Sunday I went to Hyde Park to see Aerosmith) work during the day was slow and pretty tiring. Luckily second wind came when I got to Wembley that evening.

Met up with friends and drank a couple of beverages while the Charlatans were playing.

The seats were in B3 but cheekily we managed to get to the front row. Thank you to the Americans who let us stand behind them when in-fact the seats belonged to them.

















I couldn’t predict if this show was to be the high quality that it was yesterday, even I would find that difficult.
Set List

I Can't Explain (8/10 Yep they look up for it again. Pete's first words were: "Fuck Shirley Bassey". Nice)
The Seeker (9/10)
Anyway Anyhow Anywhere (9/10)
Fragments (9/10)
Who Are You (10/10)
Behind Blue Eyes (9/10)
Real Good Looking Boy (7/10 Nope sorry didn’t enjoy it again)
Wire & Glass (9/10 Judging by the other European shows they’d play this set of songs every other gig so it was a surprise to hear this again and guessed it be the same set list)
Baba O'Riley (10/10 Great as always. At this point Roger who was wearing a shirt had unbuttoned it and was bearing his chest. It seemed Pete wasn’t pleased he did this – just my assumption.)
Drowned (9/10)
A Man In A Purple Dress (8/10)
The Real Me (10/10 Can’t get enough. It was quite funny at the end where Roger got the lyrics mixed up)
You Better You Bet (9/10)
My Generation/Cry If You Want (10/10)
Won't Get Fooled Again
(10/10)
The Kids Are Alright (9/10)
Pinball Wizard
Amazing Journey

Sparks
See Me Feel Me
(10/10)
Tea And Theatre (9/10)

I haven’t put much description as I’d be repeating myself from the night previously – another excellent show. In my opinion the Tuesday gig was slightly better – maybe because there was a little more energy or by the way my position was with a step to the barrier, making it uncomfortable with the way I was standing.

It’s all worth it at the end of the day.




The Who - Mirror Door 27th 2007
Uploaded by Natters515