Saturday, February 17, 2007

Royal Albert Hall 29th March 2004







Only a week after Kentish Town, I had the pleasure of seeing the boys again at the Royal Albert Hall – first concert I was to drag my boyfriend to, being first of many. :)

Getting to our seats just in time to see the support group the Coral – we found out what restricted view seats were like; basically I couldn’t see Pino or Zak, although able to watch the most important members: Roger & Pete. Slightly aggravated with the money paid for them, (see Kentish Town review) the sound wasn’t disappointing.

The Coral were a fairly decent support, but considering them to be quite average. Once the boys came on, I was looking forward especially for the whole of Tommy to be performed.

When it got to Eminence Front, it became clear they weren’t going to play it and that it was a similar show to the Kentish Town concert.

Although annoyed by this, it was still an enjoyable concert, but there were some fans who were disappointed. I remember reading a fan's review saying an American fan flew to London especially to hear Tommy.

Set List:

Who Are You (8/10)
I Can't Explain (8/10)
Substitute (8/10)
Anyway Anyhow Anywhere (9/10)
Baba O'Riley (10/10)
Behind Blue Eyes (9/10)
5.15
(10/10 Great guitar solo by Pete, wouldn't mind hearing that in the set again)
Sea And Sand (9/10 Nice to hear more from Quad)
Love Reign O'er Me (9/10 Great performance by Roger, despite him suffering from a cold)
Eminence Front (9/10 I do enjoy this live, despite not being one of my favourite Who songs)
You Better You Bet (8/10 Good but enjoyed it more at Kentish Town)
Real Good Looking Boy
(8/10)
The Kid's Are Alright (9/10 Can't remember if this was the long or short version)
My Generation (10/10 What can I say)
Old Red Wine (9/10 Wouldn't mind if they played the whole song live, prefer it to Good Looking Boy)
Won't Get Fooled Again
(10/10 Never disappoints)
Pinball Wizard (9/10)
Amazing Journey (10/10 Amazing)
Sparks (10/10)
See Me Feel Me
(9/10)

Great show but the Isle of Wight was to be even better, review to follow.















The Who - Who Are You RAH 2004
Uploaded by Natters515