Sunday, April 01, 2007

Royal Albert Hall 31st March 2007








Will I ever come away feeling disappointed with a show; I doubt it.

Once again the boys did a fantastic performance. Some people may say Pete had a few technical problems with his guitar and that it took a few songs for the band to warm up - but I'm not a perfectionist.

This time my parents came with me and we were seated in the circle; whilst not being the best seats we got a decent view.

The Electric City came on first. Their songs were ok but nothing to differentiate from other modern bands.

I didn't see the second band as I met up with people but apparently weren't that great either.

Before the boys came on there was a presentation for the Teenage Cancer Trust on the front screen, which featured teenagers in the wards and their experiences - after it finished some of the persons featured came onto the stage. One of them made a proposal to his girlfriend - it was very touching.

Set List:

I Can't Explain (8/10)
The Seeker (8/10)
Who Are You (9/10 Pete had a brief problem with his guitar)
Behind Blue Eyes (8/10)
Baba O'Riley (10/10 Great performance of this song)
Eminence Front (10/10 Best live version I've heard so far)
Man In A Purple Dress (9/10 Good but Pete's acoustic was slightly out of tune)
Black Widows Eyes (8/10 Nice to hear this for the first time)
You Better You Bet (9/10)
My Generation/Cry If You Want (10/10 The band were really fired up by now.)
Won't Get Fooled Again (10/10)
Pinball Wizard (9/10)
Amazing Journey (10/10)
Sparks (10/10)
See Me, Feel Me (9/10)
Tea & Theatre (9/10 This song has definitely grown on me)

The Set List was shorter due to curfew at 11:00 pm. I would say the Roundhouse was better overall, but by My Generation the band hit their peak despite the Jet Lag.

Next stop Birmingham. A longer set list and more the same please!